1930s art-deco at its finest
The People's Palace at Queen Mary, University of London is home to the unique art-deco venue - The Great Hall. Located in the heart of east London and originally opened in the 1930s, the Great Hall has seen the likes of the Rolling Stones grace its stage, which is one of the largest in London.
- Theatre performances
- Academic events
Venue hire charge:
The hire charge for the Great Hall varies depending on your event type.
Prices will be confirmed upon application so please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can prepare a bespoke quotation for your event.
Great Hall features:
- 770 seating capacity
- Retractable 'bleacher' style seating on ground level
- Ventilation System
- Fully dimmable house lighting system
- On campus parking (100 spaces)
- Dressing rooms and Production Office available on request
People’s Palace Foyer:
- Split mezzanine level foyer space with flexible seating.
- Bar/Café (the Foyer)
- Registration desk at main entrance
- Additional audience break-out space along cloister
- Fully accessible toilets
In addition to the main auditorium, we also have a selection of venues and facilities that can be used as breakout space in support of your main event in the Great Hall. To find out more, please visit our Events & Hospitality QM website or contact us to discuss your requirements.